Sunday 17 January 2016

Going bananas in 2016!



It’s been over a month since I last updated my blog. I feel like I have neglected a good friend, so it’s time to get reacquainted. As my first entry of 2016, I could easily have posted some New Year resolutions or a to-do list. But I don’t really feel that beginning a year with hard-to-keep promises is a good idea. Instead, I prefer to consider ways in which I can live a happier and healthier life and become an improved version of myself, without having to reach a set number of goals before the end of a year.

So with that in mind, I plan to continue with changes that I began making in 2015. For example: joining the gym, travelling, learning a language and making better decisions about what I eat. I have already noticed these choices making a positive impact on my life.

In 2015, I was lucky to visit Chong Qing, Tianjin, Xi’An, the UK, Cambodia, Fujian and Hong Kong. I also made a conscious effort to visit more places around Beijing. I hope that I can continue exploring my surroundings both near and far.

Last year, I persisted with studying Chinese. Due to the nature of my job, I do not need to speak Chinese, so it would be easy for me to “get by” on the Chinese skills that I currently have. However, I want to improve so that when the time comes for me to move on from China, I can leave with an official certification in the Chinese language, such as HSK. Gaining a language skill as well as cultural experiences is certainly a reason for me staying in China for over three years.

2015 was also the year that I joined a gym. Living in a terribly smoggy city is clearly not good for my health. Therefore, looking after my body became a priority. Furthermore, I wanted to cook more meals at home. When you are hungry, going to a restaurant or getting food delivered is an effortless and often cheap option. Despite being convenient, it is not always a healthy choice. Of course, I will continue to enjoy the food here, but I wanted to find a balance between enjoying restaurant meals and creating dishes in which I know exactly which ingredients have been used.

I still have things from last year that I want to write about on this blog, but for my first post of 2016, I decided to share a recipe that I found online and adapted to my own personal preference. It is simple, healthier than the biscuits I usually binge on and the ingredients can easily be found in supermarkets here. In addition to sharing the recipe in English, I wanted to use this opportunity to expand my knowledge of both Chinese and Vietnamese, so I will be explaining the method in three languages (apologies if there are mistakes with any of the languages used!)
 



Banana oat biscuits 


3 mashed bananas
1 cup of oats
1 handful of raisins
Peanut butter or chocolate spread


1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
2. Take the mixture and form biscuit shapes.
3. Place the biscuits on a lightly greased baking tray.
4. Put half a teaspoon of peanut butter or chocolate spread on each biscuit.
5. Preheat the oven to 175℃.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.


香蕉燕麦饼干 

三个碾碎的香蕉
一杯燕麦片
一把葡萄干
花生酱或者巧克力酱

1.把将原料放在盆里调匀。
2.把混合物滚成饼干的形状。
3.把混合物放在已涂油的焗盘上。
4.把半茶匙花生酱或者巧克力酱放在每一个饼干上。
5.预热焗炉至175℃。
6.烤15分钟。



Bánh quy yến mạch chuối
3 chuối nghiền
1 cốc bột yến mạch
1 nắm nho khô
Bơ đậu phộng hoặc mứt sôcôla kem hạt dẻ

 

1. Hãy trộn tất cả các thành phần vào một cái bát.
2. Sử dụng hỗn hợp để làm những bánh quy.
3. Đặt bánh quy vào một cái khay đã bôi ít dầu.
4. Thêm nửa muỗng cà phê bơ đậu phộng hoặc mứt sôcôla kem hạt dẻ, trên mặt cái bánh quy.
5. Đốt nóng lò đến nhiệt độ 175 độ C.
6. Nướng khoảng 15 phút.


No comments:

Post a Comment