Thursday 28 January 2016

Mike's Chomping Cheesy Chinese Chow Challenge #10 - Xihongshi Chao Jidan


A food experimentalist’s work is never done. It may be a new year, but my role as a cheesy Chinese food visionary cannot be quelled. I decided to shake things up a bit; by taking a dish that any self-respecting foreigner or Chinese citizen would enjoy and then adding almond and apricot cream cheese.

The dish in question is none other than the simple yet delicious staple: stir-fried egg and tomato (西红柿炒鸡蛋). It is always a welcome addition to any meal. The scrambled egg is the perfect friend to the soft tomato chunks as they swim around in a tasty sauce.




The addition of soft cream cheese melting amongst the egg and tomato created a blissful moment with each bite. Stir-fried tomato and egg will always be a necessity for me when ordering Chinese food and I think that adding a cheeky portion of cheese will be a treat I repeat in the future.

Nom nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment