Thursday 27 November 2014

Deliciously Roasted Gratitude

I may be living in Beijing, but today I celebrated my first American Thanksgiving. I went to Lily’s American Diner in Sanlitun with Liz and her co-teacher, Jessica. Our starter was a salad, followed by a turkey dinner and an apple pie for dessert. It was delicious and definitely a treat to have turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce, as I won’t be returning home this Christmas for my traditional-roast-dinner-fix.

In the spirit of the event, I considered the things I feel thankful for. I have whittled it down to the following list:

  • Having a loving family.
  • Having great friends all over the world.
  • Having a good and interesting job.
  • The opportunity to travel to new places.
  • Living in a place where I frequently experience/learn something new.
  • Low pollution days!

It’s very easy to be happy and grateful for things, but sometimes the stress of everyday life can get in the way. I will try my best to take stock of my blessings!

Hôm nay tôi tổ chức Lễ tạ ơn. Hiện nay lễ tạ ơn được tổ chức vào ngày thứ Năm tuần thứ tư tháng 11. Bữa ăn Lễ tạ ơn có món gà tây quay mềm ngọt, béo ngậy.


感恩节快乐!

No comments:

Post a Comment