Monday 28 July 2014

Bún Bò Huế

I decided to explore the Old Quarter a little bit more. In Vietnamese, it can be called 'Ba mươi sáu phố phường' which means thirty six streets, but there are actually a lot more than that. It is a great place to explore and get lost.

For lunch I ate bún bò Huế. It is not too different from phở bò, but the noodles are more cylindrical and there was a floating meatball added to the mix. The Vietnamese know how to make a good broth.

Later I went to the monument of King Le Thai Tho. It was so quiet there so I was able to get some photographs without other visitors photobombing. Lê Thái Tổ was a Vietnamese emperor and led a revolt against the Chinese occupying Vietnam. He is also involved in the legend of the sword and turtle in Hoan Kiem Lake (perhaps a story for another blog entry). Anyway he is a pretty famous historical hero.





I decided to buy some dried fruit. After trying a variety of fruit on display, I chose dried plum. There was a heavy rain shower so I returned to the hotel.

In the evening I drank beer with Thang and his friends. I enjoyed drinking Hanoi beer and practising my Vietnamese. I really like having dried squid and chilli sauce when drinking beer.



Tối qua tôi hơi say. Tôi thích đi chơi cùng bạn bè và uống bia. Một người bạn đã dạy tôi 'không say không về' bằng tiếng Trung là 不醉不归 (bù zuì bù guī) :))

No comments:

Post a Comment