Friday 11 July 2014

Chicken and beer

So I have decided that creating a blog would help to keep a record of my travels, encounters and most importantly, meals. Not only do I want to use the blog like a diary, so that I can look back on it in the future; I would also like to use it as a place to occasionally practice Vietnamese and Chinese.

Currently I am in Seoul, South Korea. I have already been lucky enough to view stunning scenery and try a variety of delicious food.

One popular combination in South Korea is fried chicken and beer. The choices of sauces seem endless and obviously, when coupled with beer, creates very happy customers.

Thanks to Korean dramas shown in China, this craze has hit Beijing so I will be sure to visit some Korean restaurants there soon. If this idea ever hits the UK, I reckon a certain Colonel would be quaking in his boots and running back to Kentucky.

I ate a rather surprising meal of fried chicken in a sweet chilli sauce and salad...with ice cream. We were instructed to mix the ice cream into the salad. Although strange, it was quite delicious and I have definitely eaten more unpleasant things! It was easily washed down with Cass draft beer.

Many thanks to Pil for being a great tour guide!

I will update soon with some places I have visited along with traditional Korean food.

Yes, that is ice cream with the salad!
Cass...it gives you gas.

Cảm ơn bạn đã ghé thăm blog của tôi. Trang blog này nói về những cuộc phiêu lưu của tôi, và thức ăn ngon.

Bây giờ tôi đang ở Hàn Quốc. Thức ăn ở Hàn Quốc rất ngon và hấp dẫn. Ở Hàn Quốc, gà chiên và bia là phổ biến. Gần đây tôi đã ăn gà chiên với tương ớt ngọt và xà lách. Món xà lách này được trộn với kem! Gà chiên ngon tuyệt!! 

Bạn có thể giúp tôi giỏi tiếng Việt hơn được không?

Tôi sẽ cập nhật sau~

No comments:

Post a Comment