Monday 14 July 2014

Goodbye Seoul

After a week in Seoul, it is time to move on to Shanghai. I would love to visit again and explore other parts of South Korea.

Towards the end of my stay here, I decided to visit Gyeongbokgung Palace. The grounds of the palace were stunning and it took me a while to realise the guards were not mannequins but in fact, actual people.

I have already been reminiscing about the amazing food I have experienced. On my first night here, I shared bulgogi with Pil and his girlfriend, Ji Eun. Bulgogi is a grilled marinated beef dish.


Pil also took me to a restaurant which served traditional bibimbap. Bibimbap is a mixed rice dish with a spicy sauce, egg, vegetables and sometimes meat.


Whenever I have to pack and prepare for a journey, I can't stop the feeling that I've forgotten something very important. What better way to calm my nerves than with a super tasty noodle dish?! Jajangmyeon was a great last meal in Seoul. Add black bean sauce to noodles and you're definitely on to a winner in my book.


Things I have learned in Seoul:

1. Fried chicken and beer (chimek) should be a global phenomenon.

2. More places should have a beautifully designed river in the city centre.

3. Coffee shops are everywhere in Seoul. EVERYWHERE. The words 'coffee' and 'waffle' can probably be seen countless times on every single street.
4. I love that Korean meals always come with a free selection of side dishes.

5. My hotel kindly offered words of wisdom. The toilet in my room had an interesting message on the wall (where better to inspire happiness and encourage smiling?).

Hôm nay tôi sẽ bay tới Thượng Hải. Tôi đã có một thời gian tuyệt vời ở Seoul. Có nhiều thứ thú vị để làm ở Seoul. Đi lại bằng xe điện ngầm thì tiện nhất ở thành phố này.

Tôi thích các món ăn Hàn Quốc. Tôi đã ăn bibimbap. Bibimbap là cơm trộn. Cũng ăn pulkogi và jajangmyeon. Tôi ăn nhiều quá, no nê đến cành hông!

Hẹn gặp lại Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment