Monday 14 July 2014

Nice view and patbingsoo

For me, few things can beat the euphoric feeling of finding a password-free wifi connection (correctly guessing a wifi password being an exception).


I have been impressed with the amount of free wifi coverage available in Seoul. It has made planning trips and looking for directions very easy. Which conveniently, keeps my "I'm Lost Tally" to a minimum. (Currently it is at 0.5 - had a a mild panic attack and a little wobble when walking around the city, but as it turned out, retracing my steps was a fantastic strategy on this occasion).

Apart from using free internet on the go, a close second on my 'feel good factor list' has to be climbing Namsan mountain and ascending Seoul Tower. People have taken to leaving padlocks with messages of love around one of Seoul's most iconic landmarks. The views were spectacular even before entering the tower.

N Seoul Tower


The ride in the lift plays a little movie on a ceiling screen which gives the feeling that you are blasting off into space.

Inside the viewing platform, the windows displayed the distances to many cities around the world. So I quickly knew exactly how far away I was from home(s) and pretty much anywhere!



I have also been advised to return to the tower in the evening for a different yet equally impressive view.

Another experience which releases my happy endorphins has to be the enjoyment of patbingsoo. Particularly in temperatures of 30 degrees or more. This frozen delight can have many ingredients.
Patbingsu (before getting demolished by a greedy Welshman)

Traditionally patbingsu is red beans with crushed ice. The kind I had also included ice cream, rice cake and banana. A perfect way to cool down. I have to say, it is not too dissimilar from chè in Vietnam and just as delicious.

Ở Seoul, tôi rất thích để truy cập Internet không dây miễn phí.

Tôi đã đi đến N Seoul Tower. Nó là biểu tượng của Seoul. Toàn bộ phong cảnh có thể nhìn thấy rõ từ trên tháp. Quang cảnh thành phố thật không thể tin được.

Tôi đã ăn Patbingsu. Patbingsu có nhiều thành phần. Patbingsu của tôi có đậu đỏ, đá đập nhỏ, kem, chuối và bánh tteok. Nó giống với chè.

1 comment:

  1. Patbingsu looks delish anh ơi. Cannot wait to see you again in Hanoi !!! YEAHHHH !

    ReplyDelete